|Click to Enlarge|
It's easy to find solar panels for under $1/watt at wholesale outlets that require you purchase in bulk, but for people intent on purchasing just a couple panels, prices are usually much higher.
Today, I found a set of 2 145W panels on Amazon for under (at the time of this post) $0.80/watt at retail. That's pretty amazing considering the average prices run anywhere from $1.50 to $3.00/watt and up.
But how do these panels stack up when it comes to quality, durability, and actual production? It seems they are well worth the money according to the more than 50 reviews on Amazon:
|Click to Enlarge|
DM 145w Polycrystalline Solar Panel (2 Pack) by DMSOLAR
DETAILS:Cost: Under .80/watt
Output: Two Panels at 145 Watts, 18.7 VMP, and 7.75 IMP each
Product Dimensions: 58.3 x 1.4 x 26.6 inches ; 63.8 pounds
Warranty: 15 years
- They are priced well below average retail cost for this type of solar panel
- The rated wattage is accurate as many have expressed panels maintaining or exceeding the 145 watt rating during peak sunlight hours.
- They are shipped fairly securely so risk of damaged product is low if at all.
- Being 12v panels, they offer a flexibility to be wired into a 12v, 24v, or 36v array.
- Durability seems to be comparable to other panels of higher prices.
- DMSOLAR seems to have a great track record of on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Out of more than 50 customers, this product was rated 4.7/5 stars with the lowest rating at 4 stars.
- 15 year product warranty.
- DMSOLAR no longer uses Amazon shipping, so the panels do not qualify for supersaver shipping. ($120 shipping for these panels seems excessive)
- A few customers reported high sensitivity. Shadows casted on panels and incorrect angle to the sun were reported as the reasons.
- Heavy - The panels were built with sturdiness in mind, resulting in slightly elevated weight. (Personally, I'd prefer the weight and sturdiness, but some don't)
Overall, it was hard to find customers who would not recommend this product. They all seem to be satisfied with the quality and output of the panels based on the price they paid. Additionally, DMSOLAR seems to consistently outperform customer satisfaction records compared to other companies offering solar panels on Amazon. *Click HERE for more info*